Student's can select/request courses at our school
Most school do not need to input students in order to create schedule.
It is enough to know that lesson is for "boys" from class 5A. The software will know that it can out groups Boys and Girls at the same period - because they do not share students.
In this simple example, the teacher is teaching all kids from 6A Biology and boys from 8B physical education. Probably some other teacher will have PE with girls from 8B:
However if your kids can select their own subjects/courses, it is not that clear if two subjects can be at the same time - it depends on whether they have the same student or not.
For this purpose the software allows you to:
1. input individual students
2. and for each student you can input his requests
3. then you can input "lessons/sections"
So for example:
1. Student John from grade 9
2. John requests two courses Biology, Chemistry.
3. school defines Biology section with teacher Fleming and another Biology section with theacher Pasteur.
During the generation John is assigned to either Fleming or Pasteur. Or to neither if for any reason it is not possible to place his request.
The system can handle both aproaches within the same timetable, so no need to decide in advance. You will take care of this later - when defining lessons.
For detailed info on how this work, please check:
Na čo slúžia semináre?